[Davis Democrats] FW: Sacramento and Riverside agree...

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue May 16 21:10:52 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sandra Lloyd Jones, Debra Bowen Campaign" <info at debrabowen.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:50:36 GMT
To: john  chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Sacramento and Riverside agree...

   <http://www.debrabowen.com>

  Dear john ,
 <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nzpMuLhn1EXff?>
Help us reach 80,000 targeted voters with a last wave of direct mail.
Contribute today! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nzpMuLhn1EXff?>

The endorsements just keep rolling in.  On the heels of a glowing editorial
from the San Francisco Chronicle and the endorsement of the California
Democratic Party, Debra is picking up even more support in her campaign for
Secretary of State.

In recent days, both the Sacramento Bee and Riverside Press-Enterprise
formally endorsed Debra Bowen.  Take a look at some key passages from these
2 new newspaper endorsements:

First, from the Sacramento Bee:

> "...As secretary of state, Bowen could help finish a job she started in the
> Legislature to improve the public's ability to track what their leaders are up
> to. In 1993, she sponsored legislation to place all of the legislators' bills
> and their committee analyses on the Internet. In 1995, she wrote the nation's
> first law to help state agencies store their documents on computers, a major
> step toward better public access...
>
> "...Bowen has also taken on, and quite capably, some of the Legislature's most
> complex challenges. When the electricity market crashed a few years back in a
> failed attempt at relying on private markets, Bowen helped piece the system
> back together. She required the operators of the state grid to hold public
> meetings and to release records of their activities. She didn't just rail at
> the private energy companies that were gouging the state. She worked on ways
> to prevent the disaster from happening again...
>
> "...Vote Debra Bowen in the Democratic primary on June 6."

And from the Riverside Press-Enterprise:

> "...Bowen has a good record on fair-election and open-government issues. She
> sponsored a bill last year that made the voter-verified paper trail the basis
> for recounts in counties using electronic voting machines. She carried a bill
> in 1993 that put state legislative information on the Internet, and
> co-sponsored a bill in 2000 that made public records available electronically.
>
> "And Bowen's 2001 legislation that limited the practice of using Social
> Security numbers as identification in government and business made her a
> leader on privacy issues.
>
> "...We support Bowen."

It's true -- grassroots activists, political advocacy groups, and newspaper
editorial boards across California are all coming to the same conclusion:
California needs Debra Bowen as our next Secretary of State.

But in these closing days before the June 6th primary, we need your help to
spread the word to the voters across California:

Please contribute to our $25,000 grassroots fundraising drive
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nzpMuLhn1EXff?>  that will deliver 80,000
pieces of mail to targeted Democratic voters in the final week before
Election Day.  We're already on our way to our May 31st fundraising goal --
but your $100, $50, or $25 contribution
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nzpMuLhn1EXff?>  right now will help us get
there.

Thanks for your continued support!  Just 21 more days and counting...

Sincerely,

Sandra Lloyd-Jones
Campaign Manager
Debra Bowen for Secretary of State

P.S.  Please forward this email to everyone you know!  Help us spread the
good news about Debra's campaign to voters across California.

Contribute Today! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/nzpMuLhn1EXff?>
Paid for by Debra Bowen for Secretary of State
578 Washington Blvd. #409, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
(c) 2006 Debra Bowen for Secretary of State, ID #1271345

  Invite your friends and family to join Debra Bowen's campaign for
Secretary of State today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga3.org/join-forward.html?domain=debrabowen&r=zpMuLhn1EXff>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Debra
Bowen For Secretary of State
<http://ga3.org/debrabowen/join.html?r=zpMuLhn1EXffE> .