[Davis Democrats] FW: ACT NOW!: Poll Shows Brown and Doolittle in Dead Heat!

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Sep 13 18:12:16 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Charlie Brown For Congress <info at brown4congress.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: ACT NOW!:  Poll Shows Brown and Doolittle in Dead Heat!

    Brown Moves Into Tie with Doolittle!!!
  September 2006

      Dear John,
Our first poll results are in, and the findings confirm what we have all
known for months--John Doolittle is more vulnerable than he's ever been, and
Charlie Brown is the candidate who can beat him.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.lwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fcharliebrownforcongress.org%2Fwp%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2006%2F09%
2FPoll%2520Release.pdf>  to Read our Release on the Poll.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.mwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fcharliebrownforcongress.org%2Fwp%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2006%2F09%
2FCA-04%2520State%2520of%2520the%2520Race%2520-%2520September%252010%2520200
6%2520doc.pdf>  to Read a Summary of the Poll's Findings!

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
to Charlie's Campaign right now!

The poll's initial ballot shows Charlie and Doolittle running neck and
neck--with Doolittle leading by just 2 points - 41% to 39%, well within the
margin of error of plus or minus 4.9%.

Once respondents were read positive and negative statements about each
candidate--Charlie surged to a resounding 7 point lead.  Expecially
compelling considering the survey's finding that 16 year incumbent John
Doolittle has an 86% to 33% advantage in name recognition among voters.

This means that taking the fight to Doolittle, and getting Charlie's
positive message of honest, responsible leadership in front of as many
voters as possible are essential during the remaining weeks of the campaign.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute,
and help spread Charlie's Message!

Thanks to your past support, we have already been running radio spots
throughout the 4th CD for several weeks (Listen Now:  "Honor,"
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.nwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fmedia%2Fhonor2.mp3>
"Corrupt or Ineffective,"
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.owzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fcharliebrownforcongress.org%2Fwp%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2006%2F08%
2Fdoolittle_806.mp3> ).

Next, we will be launching cable and broadcast television ads designed to
introduce Charlie's candidacy to thousands more voters throughout the
District.  But we need your help.  That's why we're asking you to consider
making another donation to the Campaign of $100, $250, $500, or the largest
amount you can afford to give.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
Now!

This has always been among the most important races in this crucial election
year.  Now, the whole country knows it is also one of the most competitive.
Your actions today, and your continued support will help move Charlie that
much closer to victory in November.

Click Here
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>  to Contribute
Now!

Please share this news, this e-mail, and the clips below with your friends
and neighbors.  Encourage them to get involved, to stand with a true
American patriot in Charlie Brown, and for a better future for our families
and our country.

Thank you again. Your continued support makes all the difference.

-Charlie Brown for Congress

P.S.  Please forward this Urgent Message to 5 Friends!

P.P.S.  If You've Had Enough of Doolittle, Watch this Video
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.pwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DO4TNma4-yzw>

    IN THE BLOGOSPHERE   "The Last Name on the Vietnam Wall,"  Charlie
Brown, 9/11/06, DailyKos
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.twzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstoryonly%2F2006%2F9%2F11%2F131338%2F017>   "When
you visit the Vietnam Wall, go down where the two walls come together, and
the last name is Lt. Rich Vandegeer.  Rich died May 15th, 1975 on a small
island off the Cambodian coast named Koh Tang...Rich died because of failed
intelligence, as did others that day.  I know because I was there."

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.twzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstoryonly%2F2006%2F9%2F11%2F131338%2F017>
CONTRIBUTE NOW!
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.u5vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org%2FSPM%2Fdonate.html>

    IN THE NEWS   "Touting New Poll Numbers, Rep. Doolittle Challenger Seeks
DCCC Assistance," Roxana Tiron, The Hill
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.uwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.thehill.com%2Fthehill%2Fexport%2FTheHill%2FNews%2FCampaign%2F091
306_doolittle.html> , September 12, 2006

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.uwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.thehill.com%2Fthehill%2Fexport%2FTheHill%2FNews%2FCampaign%2F091
306_doolittle.html>   "Doolittle's House Seat in Trouble?" Paul Kiel,
TPMMuckraker.com
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.wwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.tpmmuckraker.com%2Farchives%2F001504.php> , September 12, 2006

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.wwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.tpmmuckraker.com%2Farchives%2F001504.php>   "State By State,"
Roxana Tiron, The Hill
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.xwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.thehill.com%2Fthehill%2Fexport%2FTheHill%2FNews%2FCampaign%2F091
206_state.html> , September 12, 2006

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.xwzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.thehill.com%2Fthehill%2Fexport%2FTheHill%2FNews%2FCampaign%2F091
206_state.html>   "Doolittle, Rival Court Veteran Vote:  VFW Group Declines
to Endorse Doolittle Again," David Whitney, Sacramento Bee
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.6wzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.sacbee.com%2F111%2Fstory%2F21091.html> , September 10, 2006

READ MORE
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.6wzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.sacbee.com%2F111%2Fstory%2F21091.html>   "The Specter of
Abramoff," Peter Hecht, Monterey County Herald via Scripps Howard News
Service
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.bxzekybab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.montereyherald.com%2Fmld%2Fmontereyherald%2Fnews%2F15478891.htm>
, September 9, 2006

READ MORE

 Email: info at brown4congress.org

 Phone: 800-727-6968; 916-78-BROWN

 Web: http://www.charliebrownforcongress.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xx75jybab.0.95vhqwbab.ubgj4pbab.18&ts=S0206&p=http%
3A%2F%2Fwww.charliebrownforcongress.org>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101401125623>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=18&t=1101401125623&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at brown4congress.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101401125623&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101121493044&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=18&t=1101401125623&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .