[Davis Democrats] Appeal from President Clinton

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Sep 14 07:57:00 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: President Bill Clinton <info at dscc.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:23:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: The Consequences of Inaction

Dear John ,
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=1&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060914_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp> My friends, the next eight weeks are critical for America and
for the world. On November 7, Americans will make a critical choice together
- will we give this administration and the Republican Congress two more
years of unfettered control over our economy, our security, and our role in
the world? Or will we say together that it is time for a new direction?
Almost fourteen years ago, that's what happened - the American people came
together and voted for change after twelve years of Republican rule. I am
forever grateful for the trust you placed in me and proud of the peace and
prosperity we built together. Now, I am asking you to do it again - come
together and call out for change. A new direction for America begins in the
United States Senate, and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
(DSCC) is leading the fight. We only need to gain six seats to put Democrats
in charge of the Senate again. And believe me, we can do it. But we need
your help. You all know what the Republican attack machine can do when it
gets going. And they have extreme talk show hosts, the shadowy Swift Boat
groups and big corporate interests to fuel their campaigns. We have you.
You have been there in the past when the DSCC needed your help. Now, with
the Republican misinformation campaign kicking into high gear, your support
of the DSCC has never been so important. I am asking you to join the DSCC's
effort to close the fundraising gap so we can tell the truth, take back the
Senate, and lead America in a new direction. Click here to make a donation
of $50, $75 or more.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=2&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060914_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp>  The consequences of inaction are enormous. Just look around
the world. From the simmering war in Iraq to the terrible genocide in
Darfur, there is an urgent need for a new American leadership, one that
combines an unshakeable commitment to the security of our people with
respect for the values of others; one that restores the weight of our moral
authority by returning to policies that reflect our democratic ideals; and
one that not only is willing to act where our values require it, but that
also brings the planning, flexibility, and commitment that success demands.
Here at home, the stakes are just as high. The wreckage of Katrina laid bare
the precipice that 37 million Americans living in poverty cling to every
day. A year later, the poverty rate hasn't dropped a bit. Meanwhile, the
number of Americans living without health insurance continues to grow, and
the gap between the very wealthiest and everybody else increases every day.
It is time for a change, and the American people are ready for it - a great
majority believe we're headed in the wrong direction and want to turn things
around. We've got terrific candidates running terrific campaigns. I know
these candidates. I have campaigned with them, and I am going to campaign
with them again. They are winners - but they can only win if they have the
resources to buy television and radio ads that get our message out and
respond to Republican attacks. The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
is leading that effort across the country. But they need your support to get
the job done. Please make a secure online donation to the DSCC of $50, $75
or more that will go directly to where it's needed most to deliver our
message, shut down Republican attacks, and get our voters to the polls.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=3&url=ht
tps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060914_bclin
ton_LAD.jsp> I am going to do everything I can over the next seven weeks to
reelect Hillary, and to help elect other great Democrats across our country
to the Senate. Please help me. Remember, we only need six seats. With your
help, we can get there. And when that happens, the Republican agenda will
come to a screeching halt. Instead of debating more tax cuts for the richest
Americans, Senators will be debating more health-care for people who can't
afford it. Instead of rubber-stamping extreme right wing judges, the Senate
will be ready to confirm experienced, mainstream judges who will protect a
woman's right to choose. Instead of giving the Administration a blank check
to run roughshod around the world, the Senate will demand accountability in
our foreign and defense policy. In 1992, you came together and helped us
bring real, positive change to our country - I knew I could count on you
then, and I know I can count on you now. Enough is enough. It's time for
change. We can do it together. Again. Sincerely,  Bill Clinton

When you make a contribution today the DSCC will put your money to work
immediately to help Democratic Senate candidates in battleground states
across the country

If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=4&url=h
ttps://secure.democratsenators.org/dia/organizations/dscc/shop/20060914_bcli
nton_LAD.jsp>
 <http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=5&url=h
ttp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/signUp.jsp?key=9>
This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org. To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email
list, please click here.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?key=63139464&url_num=6&url=ht
tp://admin.dscc.org/dia/organizations/dscc/unsubscribe.jsp?unsubscribe>  You
can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.