[Davis Democrats] Howard Dean, DNC Chair: They won't steal votes again-

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Aug 2 14:40:17 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Howard Dean <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:15:31 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: They won't steal votes again

   <http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote>
Dear John, Last year, we put DNC staff on the ground all across the country
to rebuild our party and stand up to the lies and failures of the Republican
Party. The 50-State Strategy worked. Those organizers were key to our
unprecedented victories up and down the ballot in 2006. Our organizers are
still on the ground in all 50 states, preparing for 2008 in every way
possible. And starting this month, they are kicking off an unprecedented
voter protection effort, of a scale never attempted by any organization.
While Democrats protect everyone's right to vote, Karl Rove and the
Republican Party have a long history of threatening this right, working to
make it harder for Americans to vote. We're going to stop them. Protecting
the right of every eligible American to vote is our party's top priority
because we know that it's good for America and good for our democracy when
everyone votes. All Americans deserve to go to the polls confident that they
won't be harassed or intimidated. That they won't wait hours for a ballot
and that their vote will be counted fairly and accurately. Unfortunately,
nearly forty-two years after the signing of the voting rights act, millions
of American's are treated like criminals just for trying to vote. So we're
going to meet with every election official in the country, visit every
polling place, and make sure that every American will have their vote
counted-and we will do it now, instead of waiting to hear about big problems
on the news on Election Day 2008. We need your help. By giving $20, $50 or
$100 you can help support the organizers working in your state and the vital
work they are doing to make sure every vote counts.
http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote
<http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote> Under the Bush Administration's
politicized Justice Department we have seen an outright attack on voting
rights. In their latest scheme, the Republican Administration has
manipulated the mission of the Department of Justice, firing U.S. Attorneys
who were unwilling to pursue phony "voter fraud" cases, and politicized the
Civil Rights Division. Over the past several years the GOP has tried
everything from phone jamming schemes to vote purging to voter intimidation
tactics to try and suppress the vote. That's why this effort is so
necessary. Support our organizers on the ground and help us make sure we can
fix voting problems now, instead of on Election Day 2008.
http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote
<http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote> I've promised to build the
infrastructure and develop the strategy Democrats need to fight everywhere,
and this is exactly the kind of effort it takes. Our work may not be in the
headlines right now, but it's how we are going to make an impact next year
and in every election after that. We all know what happened in Florida in
2000. We all know what happened in Ohio in 2004. Help make sure it doesn't
happen again in 2008. http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote
<http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote> Sincerely, Gov. Howard Dean, M.D.

 <http://www.democrats.org/ProtectTheVote>

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/> .
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.