[Davis Democrats] FW:voluntary action opportunity: support our Congressman Mike Thompson for Secretary of Interior

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Dec 14 17:13:48 PST 2008

Pam Nieberg, on the executive board of Sierra Club and DDC, believes we
should try to stop John Berry¹s appointment to Interior for the reasons
below.

We know that our congressman Mike Thompson¹s credentials as an
environmentalist, a responsible sportsman, and a competent manager  have
made him a leading contender  for   this position of national stewardship.
This is the optimal time to convey your opinion to the Obama Transition Team
regarding Interior Secretary: contact info for John Podesta, team head, and
Greg Nelson, liaison, are at the bottom. If you do not want to give up our
Congressman, then, in the light of the information below,  you should opt
for Raul Grijalva, Dem-Arizona (Tucson area congressional district). Time is
of the essence. The redrock lands on the edges of our most inspiring public
lands are in jeopardy of auction  this week.