[Davis Democrats] News about Jerry Kaneko

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Thu Jan 17 13:20:19 PST 2013

This is not an official Davis Democratic Club e-mail.  This is being sent to
the list that the club runs for the most active volunteers and politically
conscious members of the club.

---------------------

I want to first write that Jerry Kaneko is one of the finest citizens of
Davis and Yolo County.  He has given so much to the poor and disadvantaged
of this city and county.  To this day, he continues to serve food at the
community meals program.  He has also served on the Davis City Council and
city & county boards and commissions too numerous to list.  The Yolo County
Concilio recently honored him for his community works and contributions.  In
my undergad days at UCDaivs, he was held up as an example by the JACL of
what can be achieved by people of Asian descent.  Many of the UCDavis
faculty referred me to him as a person to talk to and get advice from as an
undergrad student at UCDavis.  He has been supportive of everything I that I
have done in the community of Davis and I in turn have been very supportive
of all that he does, when he has asked.  Jerry does not need help.  He is a
force and phenomena all in his own right.

Jerry, Joyce Wilson and Stephen Souza, along with Bob Bockwinkel were all
the initial reason that I became involved in the Davis Democratic Club.  I
have gained other reasons to help keep this organizations running, mainly
the fine Presidents that lead this club, and the other officers, board
members, and volunteers that do the grunt work.  Jerry as past president of
the club, remains active on the board and hosted the DDC Ice Cream Social at
his home for the club for 18 years.  He and his wife Teresa try to make the
main events that the club holds each year, which are the "Love your
electeds" Valentines Day party, the Champagne Brunch, the Fall Barbecue, and
the Holiday Party.

Jerry Kaneko suffered a massive stroke while having dinner on Saturday,
January 12th at a restaurant in Berkeley California.   This was a cerebral
hemorrhage from a brain aneurysm.  A brain aneurysm is a weakened vessel in
the brain, which can balloon up and/or burst.  In this case, it burst.  I
was told that he had the three cardinal signs of stroke [which everyone
should learn]:  headache, dizziness, and nausea.  The restaurant was quick
to respond and he went to an emergency room in Berkeley and then was
transported to an intensive care unit at a medical center in San Francisco.
ICUs have a policy to only let family members in to see them, so unless we
hear from Teresa Kaneko, I would not travel to San Francisco.  I am told
that he is breathing on his own, comfortable and in no pain and is
surrounded by his loving family.  I am told that there is so much family
there, they more than fill a large waiting room.

People have asked me for Jerry's mailing address to send cards.  His address is:
Jerry & Teresa Kaneko
556 Reed Dr
Davis, CA 95616

I have been told that Teresa Kaneko will contact people when there is a
change in Jerry's condition.  I have asked her to contact Judge Rosenberg as
the main contact person for Davis and Yolo County.

I hope you will join me in sending positive thoughts and/or prayers for Jerry.

Richard

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/   http://vme.net/bcards/bio.html
Phone: 530-VIV-VMEI or 530-848-8634

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, Recording Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis
Democratic
Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc,
Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of the Davis Progressive Business
Exchange and communications liaison and board member for the Business
Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Weir-Willamson Award

Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, SVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE, or IOOF.