[DCN-TechOps] ARIN Legacy RSA

jcrowell at dcn.davis.ca.us jcrowell at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Nov 1 11:13:31 PDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Jim Frame wrote:

> The DCN Executive Committee has requested that TechOps provide a
> recommendation on the ARIN registration services agreement issue.  A
> link to the legacy RSA and FAQ may be found at
> http://www.arin.net/registration/legacy/index.html.
>
> The downside to not signing the RSA isn't clear to me, but may have
> operational ramifications.  (Perhaps Rob can clarify this.)  My own
> review of the legacy RSA indicates that it doesn't impose a material
> burden on DCN, even if we choose not to release any unused resources.

I don't see any downside to signing the RSA, but I'm still
trying to hypothesize problem scenarios.  The $100/yr annual fee
seems more than fair.

There are likely some technical problems should we decide to
relinquish our hold on some of our address space, but they'd be
ARIN's problem, probably not ours.

Let me know whether it should be I who fills out the online form.
(I may need some details about DCN contact information.)

	 - Jack

John M. Crowell                     Learn from the Past
 Davis Community Network              Live for Today
 DCN Systems Manager                    Look to Tomorrow
     netadmin at dcn.davis.ca.us             Take a Nap This Afternoon
 Sacramento Master Singers
 Music Librarian
     jcrowell at mastersingers.org