[Dhsbb-jazz] Band Boosters Car Wash Report

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 9 17:57:43 PDT 2006

Hi John,

Credit goes to you and your amazingly energetic staff.

Just so you know: on Sunday a guy stopped at my door and asked whether I wanted to sell my old van, since I had just gotten a new one.  Apparently my newer car (2004 Odyssey) looked so sparkling that he figured it was brand new and I therefore was in the market to sell my old Ford.

Truth is--I was...I had just been too lazy to list it.  So, in addition to getting a fabulous car wash for my Odyssey that made it look brand new, I sold my old van without having to place a single ad!

Thank you!  Peter

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band <dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
An  energetic group of over fifty students and parents showed up for the first of three band car washes this past Saturday and raised $1,100.  The event was so popular  that we had to turn away customers at the end of the morning.  Anyone driving by the intersection of 5th and B Streets was greeted by our enthusiastic barkers hoisting brightly colored car wash signs and blue and white balloons.   A wide variety of dirty cars and trucks were treated to a thorough vacuum, sudsy wash, refreshing rinse, and finally a meticulous drying and window cleaning.  Pat Lange (a completely unbiased consumer) gave us the "thumbs up" and was quick to point out that the students even cleaned the underside of her car's rear spoiler - a place that previous car washes ignored.

 A hearty congratulations to all of the students and parents who really hustled to work as a team and move the many cars through the line.   Images of Susan Hulsizer directing traffic and valeting fancy red sports cars and Sue Viguie using her elbow grease to get every window spotless are still dancing in my mind.  Thanks to all those who brought the delicious snacks and co-coordinator Michael O'Brien & Lisa Yamauchi for donating the balloons along with numerous car washing supplies.   Special thanks to Steve and Mary Kay Williams, Peter Matlock, and Dennis Edgerley whose presence and support were invaluable.

 Next car washes:  Saturday, October 14th and Saturday, October 28th from 8am-12noon.
Please encourage your students to sign up to work and be sure to bring all of your dirty cars by for Northern California's best wash!
We'll make these two even better than the first by providing music and also trying to sell some tickets at the Farmers Market.

Co-coordinator John Chuck
Cell 400-6178