[Dhsbb-jazz] SMF Boarding Information

Peter Matlock matlockpeter at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 16:46:29 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

  Sam Yang has done an incredible job working out so many details of the New Orleans trip, and he just obtained major benefits for us from Southwest.

  We have all the boarding passes and an agreement with Southwest for us to pre-board as a group.  Our requirement is that we sit in the back of the plane.

  This increases the probabilty that we will be able to take instruments on-board as carry-on (bass guitar will still have to be checked).  Still, no guarantees, but boarding before everyone else maximizes available overhead space in our part of the plane.

  Therefore:

  DO NOT BE LATE TOMORROW MORNING!  5:00 AM!!!!

  Meet in the south end of Terminal A, at the end of the Southwest ticket counter.

  Carry as little as possible as on-board luggage, to maximize space for all our instruments.  Carry on instruments, books, food, things for the flights.  Transport clothes in checked bags.

  Students stay with their chaperone, will get their boarding pass from their chaperone, and will go through security with their chaperone.

  All students MUST stay at the gate so we can pre-board.

  Sit in the back of the plane.

  Thank Dr. Yang!

  Peter