[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 27 22:25:48 PST 2008

DHS BB Parents,

  In just less that one month, the DHS Band Boosters will host the most comprehensive fundraising event for the school year with the same goal as the many other great efforts focused on raising funds for the student accounts.  Our students will be able to help pay for their wonderful band trips, and the DHS band program will have it’s extra funding which helps maintain the excellence we all benefit from, especially our band students..
  The Coconut Grove fundraiser this year will feature 4 bands throughout the evening as our guests, family and friends enjoy the exotic drinks of the tropics, delectable desserts (both purchased and homemade) along with Peets coffee and search the silent auction for treasures untold.
  The students will have the opportunity this week to sign up to help with several aspects of putting this event together including sign making(some art), decorations (some grunt work) and serving our guests throughout the evening.  Money is earned for hours worked which will go directly to their individual student accounts to be available for their upcoming trips.
  We will need parent support for this event in the form of bakers (20), decorators (10) and a kitchen crew (8).  Although some parents have signed up, there is urgent need for more parents.
  Coconut Grove creates many great opportunities to get involved and by getting involved, there comes benefits which go beyond raising money, even beyond words.
  Please take time now to consider how you might be able to jump in and take on one thing to do in order to successfully and excellently provide an evening that will keep our audience coming back in future years to support the DHS Band Boosters and to have a wonderful time.
  Please email me at plyang at comcast.net  as soon as possible so that I will be able to get your name filled in for one of the jobs which still need to be covered.  Also, specify what exactly you wish to help with and ask any questions that are on your mind.
  Please remember that the kids are not able to do this by themselves, they need our help.  We all need each others help.  I look forward to hearing from you, to meeting you and to working along with you to make this a great success.

  Thanks,
  Paula Yang