[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Measure A passed!

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed May 4 14:07:47 PDT 2011

Greeting Fellow Band Boosters!!

Great news.  Measure A passed.
Many of you heard the news "real time" last night at the concert while I was on stage giving updates.

Here is a note that Hiram sent out last night, which captures it nicely.
Thanks again for all your support.
Cheers,
~JAH
DHS Band Boosters

Measure A passed!  It was a squeaker, though.

67.2% yes
32.8% no

It needed 2/3 to pass (66.7%).

Thank you all very much for your support.  This will, among other things, guarantee funding for 7 periods for 7th and 8th period, and should allow for optimal participation in the JH music program.  Please don't take this opportunity for granted, even more especially given how close the vote was.  This was an extraordinary election for Davis in many ways, given the state of the economy, locally in particular.  Please be sure to thank all of your parents and families at every public opportunity.

I wish the music program could be more fully sustained out of the district's general fund budget (instead of parcel taxes), but in times like this, even keeping the program viable and intact is a real blessing.

Best regards,

Hiram Jackson
President, DSOMA
753-4814