[Dhsbb-jazz] Picnic Day Info

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 13:36:34 PDT 2012

Don't forget that Picnic Day is this Saturday.  If your student has
planned to participate in the parade here is the information about that  event:
(If your student didn't originally sign up but would still like to
participate we'd love to have them.  A big group is always better.  We  will have
extra participation waiver forms on hand that day to quickly fill out  upon
arrival.)

Theme:  Wear school colors (blue)  and crazy hats

The kids will be meeting in Lot 41 at 8:30 a.m. to line  up.
The band room will NOT be open on Sat. so everyone needs to have their
instrument and music with them.  Make arrangements to  collect instruments
immediately after school on Friday.

The kids will march in the parade which finishes up at A and 3rd streets by
 Toomey Field.  If you plan to meet your student afterwards this is the
corner to wait for them.  Arrival time at this corner is uncertain because  we
don't yet know our location in the parade, but likely between 11 and 12
p.m.

Remember, there is no storage for cases, and we will not be returning to
lot 41 after the parade as a group, so when they arrive at Lot 41, they need
to  have only their instrument and music with them.   We are trying to
coordinate a cooler with water to be pulled along with the group so that the
kids have access to water during the parade as it was quite warm last  year.

We could use one or 2 additional adult chaperones to accompany the group
through the parade and hand out water as needed.  Please come to lot 41 if
you want to help.

Driving from either Sacramento or San Francisco on Interstate 80, take the
Hwy. 113 exit north towards Woodland. Exit 113 on Hutchison Drive and
proceed  east to the first stop light which is La Rue Road. Continue on Hutchison
Drive  one block past La Rue Road. Both the Life Sciences building and the
West Entry  Parking Structure are on the left hand side of the street.
Visitor parking is  available in both the West Entry Parking Structure and in Lot
41. Lot 41 is  located on the right hand side of the street directly across
from the Life  Sciences building and the parking structure.