[Dhsbb-jazz] Important San Diego HS Band Trip info

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 11:16:01 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,
The DHS band trip to San Diego is fast approaching. Info for students
interested in submitting designs for the trip tee shirt will be coming soon, and
 rooming/bus sign ups will be happening in March.

This is a reminder that we are now collecting the 1st installment  of $250.
 You may make checks payable to DHS Band Boosters, and  mail them to the
band mail box, (PO Box 73522, Davis, CA   95617), send it to the trip box at
school or even hand it to John Horn at  Play-A-Thon this Friday night.  We
are hoping for all installments  to be in by this Friday, January  20th.  We
appreciate everyone getting this in on time, as  we are now starting to make
payments to various places for this trip.

Tentative itinerary:

Thurs. April 26:    Depart DHS after lunch
                           Arrive at Embassy Suites, downtown San Diego

Fri. April 27:        Sea  World
                          UC  San Diego - Master's Clinic, campus visit,
dinner, possible Pep Band event

Sat. April 28:       Leisurely  morning  - visit Sea Port Village, homework
at the hotel
                          Performance  on USS Midway
                          Tour  Midway
                          Group  BBQ dinner at a park

Sun. April 29:      San Diego Zoo
                          Afternoon  performance likely at Balboa Park (not
confirmed)
                          Farewell  dinner at the hotel

Mon April 30:      Depart for home
                         Lunch  stop in Hollywood
                         Arrive  DHS for pick up around 9 pm

The final price of the trip will be set in the next month as final details
of events and activities are confirmed.   All breakfasts and dinners  are
included in the price and likely one or two lunches as well.   Prices are
looking good however, and it is expected that the overall cost  of this trip
will be within $25 of the cost the last time the band took this  same trip.
(3 yrs ago the total cost per student was $525).

Also, please come out and support the Play-A-Thon this Friday, 7:00 p.m.,
at Emerson Jr. High School.  A total of your students trip credits from
various fundraising activities during the year will be sent out by John Horn
after the Play-A-Thon and Coconut Grove credits are tallied in March, before
the  2nd  (final) installment date.

We are looking forward to an exciting and memorable musical experience in
San Diego!

Katie Horn