[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: [DHS-Orchestras] Remembering Christopher Winter Whitmore

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Mon May 21 23:16:18 PDT 2012

____________________________________
 From: angelo.moreno at sbcglobal.net
To: dhs-orchestras at mailman.dcn.org,  orchestra-alumi at mailman.dcn.org
Sent: 5/21/2012 11:09:12 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time
Subj: [DHS-Orchestras] Remembering Christopher Winter  Whitmore

Orchestra Students and Families,

It is a very sad hour that I bring you the news that  our alumni DHS
Symphony Bassist Christopher Whitmore, class of 2010-11, has  passed away after
battling cancer for the past two years. Chris was an  amazing young man, so
smart, incredibly musically talented, kind to all and  friend to so many.
Music was a big part of his life and played a big role in  comforting him in his
final days. Chris, along with many other alumni of the  orchestra program
came to visit at the Winter Concert and joined the Symphony  for Sleigh Ride.
It was visibly clear at that time that he was functioning and  feeling
stronger but his condition took a turn for the worse and doctors  announced in
March that he only had a short time left.
Now is  a time to remember Chris and the positive impact he made in our
lives. Seeing  him at the Winter concert this past December on stage was
amazing and I will  always remember him that way. Proudly standing with his bass
section, eyes on  me, waiting for his moment to shine with his friends on
stage. I pray for  his family, I know he is in a better place tonight.
Now kids hug your parents and parents hug your kids and tell each other
how much you love each other,
Life is a fragile thing, enjoy everyday and make a positive impact on
others around you,
-Mr. Moreno

With heavy hearts, we write to tell you our beloved  son, Christopher
Winter Whitmore, passed away on Sunday.

When we can, we will set a date to bring us together  to remember Chris and
to see one another.  We will post on our  CaringBridge website
(http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/christopherwhitmore)  when we have things worked out.

Thank you for your companionship and your care for  Chris, for Nathan and
for us on this long journey.

Please share this news with others you think would  want to know.

Robin Whitmore and Carl  Winter

DHS-Orchestras  mailing  list
DHS-Orchestras at mailman.dcn.org
DSHS  Orchestras  Website: