[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS San Diego Trip - 7 days and counting....

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Fri May 8 11:35:02 PDT 2015

We leave for our San Diego Tour in just one week!  Luggage drop  off will
be BEFORE SCHOOL on Friday.  Plan for an early  day.  Specific info on this
process will come in a separate email.  We  are looking for a few parents to
assist with this process on Friday  morning.

We still need permission slips from about 20 families.  Your student
cannot go on the trip without these completed forms.  You can download  extra
copies from the band web site or get them from the band room.

We are still collecting final pledge amounts.  We are about $10,000  from
our goal of being able to fully fund the trip.  Please get those final
pledges in now!

What to  Pack:
Refer to the packing list that came with your field trip forms for  more
details, but listed here are a few reminders too of what to pack:

Medications  (original containers and labeled in a  zip lock bag)

Blue Band Polo Shirt (See Mr. Slabaugh NOW if you  don't yet have one.
Student requested donation for these is just $10 -  half the cost of the actual
shirt)  We will be performing in this shirt so  please bring one.  You have
a week to find it if you purchased one in the  Fall.... (all students and
chaperones)

Casual Blacks (white collar shirt with sleeves - can  be polo) black pants
or very dark black jeans (not faded, no holes), all black  shoes, black
socks   (ALL band and jazz band students)

Jazz Band shirt /tie  (jazz band students only)

Music stand (folding)

Photo ID  (student body card is fine)

Spending money (Purchases will include food at rest stops  en route Fri and
Tues, 2 lunches on trip, souvenirs if desired.  There are  flight
simulators on the USS Midway that cost $8 for those interested)

Cell phone and Charger

Swim suit for hotel pool only (no towel needed)

Sunglasses (essential to be able to see music when playing  on USS Midway)

Sunscreen

Sweatshirt or sweater for cool evenings at baseball game  and BBQ at the
park

Instrument (and reeds, valve oil etc..)

Plan to bring a sack lunch to eat while preparing to board the busses
before departure on Friday. There is not time to leave campus for lunch  on
Friday before we depart!

Please watch for emails this week with itinerary, specific departure
information and more!  If you have any questions please contact us any  time.

Katie Horn
_jazzyhorns at aol.com_ (mailto:jazzyhorns at aol.com)

Otto Raabe
_ottoraabe at aol.com_ (mailto:ottoraabe at aol.com)