[Dhsbb-jazz] Tickets on Sale for Coconut Grove

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed Feb 17 22:38:46 PST 2016

Tickets on Sale for Coconut Grove

Two shows:  Saturday, March 5 Dinner Show and Sunday, March 6 Afternoon Show

The biggest fundraiser for our DHS band program, Coconut Grove, is coming up quickly.... Saturday March 5th and Sunday March 6th, 2016!  Saturday will be the Coconut Grove dinner show, featuring our Davis Junior High Jazz Bands, a band from Celia Cottle's youth jazz program, and headlining the Davis High School Jazz Band.  Doors will open at 5:30 pm and the event is planned to end at 9:00 pm.  Like in year's past, Saturday will include a silent auction, a raffle and mocktails.  This year, our dinner will be catered by Cracchiolo's<http://www.cracchiolosmarket.com/> from Woodland and they will serve as family style vegetable lasagna and herb chicken.  Dessert and coffee will also be provided.

New to this year, our Sunday afternoon show has been organized to allow greater opportunities for youth to perform.  For Sunday, we will feature local student jazz combos, additional bands from Celia Cottle's youth jazz program, and again feature the Davis High School Jazz Band.  Desserts and coffee will be served. Mocktails will be available for purchase and a silent auction will occur.

Coconut Grove is the Davis High School Band Boosters largest annual fundraiser.  Funds raised from this event support the entire high school band program through purchase and maintenance of instruments; the purchase of music; fees for music festivals and competitions; and financial support of the annual band trips.  These opportunities allow our students to have many local performances and to also showcase their skills regionally and to grow more through attending professional workshops.  These opportunities are also very fun.

Please make your reservation now for this fun event at our Coconut Grove

website:  www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/CoconutGrove2016<http://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/CoconutGrove2016>.  On the website, you will need to first register and then can buy event tickets for either the Saturday show, the Sunday show or both as a combination.  And for the Saturday show, you can even purchase your raffle tickets early!

If you can't go to the show, but still want to help with your children's band program, you can purchase raffle tickets, or bid on selected auction items on the website www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/CoconutGrove2016<http://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/CoconutGrove2016>.  We'll send another email when auction items are available for bid online. (Need to be present to win).

Any questions can be directed to Philip Bachand at phil.bachand at gmail.com<mailto:phil.bachand at gmail.com>

Thanks and see you there!

The Band Boosters Team