[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Booster Minutes - March (for review and approval tongiht)

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed May 4 17:24:21 PDT 2016

All,
Here are the March'16 Band Booster Minutes.
Please review and we'll approve or amend them tonight.
Cheers,
~JAH

7:30 start .

Minutes for February were Approved.  Motion made by Wes Young and seconded by Katie Horn.

Directors report (Tom)

Been busy - 3 honor bands , 23 students participating,

3 outreach concerts, sponsored by Davis Arts Foundation;  all went extremely well.

Symphonic  band is getting ready for the Golden Empire Music Festival

If you get 3 superiors in a CMDA adjudicated festival, then we go to the state championships.

Trying to get the CMDA board to certify our Davis festival as an official adjudication Golden Empire music festival .

We could almost fill the festival with our own Davis bands across Junior High & High School groups.

Coconut Grove coming up this weekend.  All the jazz ensembles did a performance for the schools today.

We had a mechanical failure  when a stand fell on a flute that was sitting on a chair.  It has since been repaired, funded by the boosters.

Norcal/Casmec - Tom is on the board.  So only have to pay for mileage for this.

There are minimal expenses for this event.

Printer is down in the band room.   Need to determine next steps.

Davis auditioned for the band & orchestra to perform at the capital.   This will happen on May 19th.

Tom to check to see if they will provide percussion instruments.

Look into Unitrans vs Yellow bus options.     4 hrs.  Wes to check on cost of unitrans.

Have Jan (Bruce Colby) - tom to check on list of authorized bus companies.

70 band & 60 for symphony.

Band boosters to cover the cost of the bus and pizza lunch.

Treasurers update: (Ron

$3500 coconut grove revenue already coming in..

Since 1/1 - another $2600 income from a varity of sources, dvd, concert,

Trip updates

Disneyland Trip - scheduled figured out.   UCLA workshop scheduled.

Mandatory Parent mtg before each trip.  Actively collecting donations, Katie to send out another note.

Not doing well on amounts for Disney.

NOLA - Need to get a digital piano before the NOLA trip

Tom to check this out.

Wes/karen - move to purchase a digital piano.

Estimate about $800 for a good one.

Vote - approved.

John Horn - proposal for $3000 for NOLA  & 6-8000 for disney.

Also need to lok at an instruments for the spring.

Coconut Grove - about 75 tickets on Sat,  60 on Sun

Phil Bachand proposing that we cancel the event.   Fairly apathetic response.

It is a lot of work and there isn't any response.  If we can't get people interested ,

Can the band boosters give a merit  scholarship at the event.

Vote :  Keep it going Y/N -   YES.

Chase Brookman & Aaron bushnell  will be our MC's for coconut Grove.

Proposal - $3k NOLA, 5k disney with option to increase disney after coco.

Vote;  Wes motioned / Ron seconded:  Approved to fund $3k to NOLA and $5k to Disney for now.

By laws - Edits are being done and will be send out by John.

9:10 mtg ended.

Minutes submitted by John Horn