[DHS Bulletin] Wednesday October 19

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Oct 18 13:34:29 PDT 2011

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Please Note:  Thursday, October 20 is a minimum day

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
-1991, a fire begins in the hills of Oakland, California. It went on to burn thousands of homes and kill 25 people. Despite the fact that fires had ravaged the same area three times earlier in the century, people continued to build homes there.

 ATHLETICS
-Field Hockey @ Lassen - 2:30JV/3:30V			dismissal:  all day
-Girls Volleyball vs. Grant - 5:00JV/6:00V
-Girls Water Polo @ Laguna Creek- 3:45V		dismissal:  2:00
-Boys Water Polo @ Laguna Creek - 3:45V		dismissal:  2:00

COLLEGE VISITS  - Prior to attending the college visit, students must go to their class and check in with their teachers. Only students who have pre-registered in Naviance will be able to attend the college visit. Only 11th/12th graders may attend a college visit.

Upcoming College Visits
Barbizon Performing Arts Academy (DSHS quad)        	 10/20
Portland State University (Portland, OR)                          	10/21
Whitman College (Walla Walla, WA)                              	10/21

TODAY
-Chicken Lo Mein/Veggie Lo Mein/ChIcken Eggs Rolls - all are offered with Fried rice; Sushi/Broccoli Slaw; BBQ Cheeseburger/Roasted or Seasoned Potatoes. Additionally, today will feature a taco cart on the quad, selling 3 tacos for $2.

-Applications for cabin leaders to go to Walker creek with Korematsu Elementary are due today. Boys are highly encouraged to apply.  Applications should be submitted to Brent Miille at Korematsu Elementary.

-Key Club meets today at lunch in S-12. Join us to learn about the first Awake-a-thon of the year! We will also have a fun activity at the end of the meeting. See you there!

-Show off your tricks or learn new ones! Join the Freestyle Club today at the Dance Room during lunch.

PE make ups are beginning today at the start of lunch.   Students must dress out immediately when lunch starts and meet on the track to run the mile.  If it is raining, students meet in the north gym.

NEW
-The Language Tutors Club is still looking for tutors in Chinese, Japanese and German. Applications are still being accepted this week.

-Blue Devils Club meets Friday, October 21 at lunch in N-10. See you there!

CONTINUED
-The DHS Dance Team is holding auditions for the winter season.  Tryouts are November 7th - 10th. There is a mandatory informational meeting Friday, October 21 at lunch in the Dance Room for anyone interested in auditioning. For more information check Facebook or ask any of the current Dance Team members. We hope to see you at tryouts!

-Hey Blue Devils! We are looking for a new Diablo to mascot at our events! If you are interested, come to the informational meeting Wednesday, October 26 at lunch in Room C-4. Hope to see you there!

-Thursday, October 20 is a minimum day for Articulation.  The schedule will be as follows:
Period 1	7:45 - 8:26
Period 3	8:32 - 9:52
Break		9:52 - 9:56
Period 5	10:02 - 11:22