[DHS Bulletin] Thursday October 20

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Oct 19 11:15:40 PDT 2011

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today is a minimum day for Articulation.
Period 1	7:45 - 8:26
Period 3	8:32 - 9:52
Break		9:52 - 9:56
Period 5	10:02 - 11:22
Period 7	11:28 - 12:48

Lunch follows 7th period

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
-1947:  the notorious Red Scare kicked into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee began investigating Communist influence in one of the world's richest and most glamorous communities: Hollywood.

Lost and Found Item of the Day:  An eyeglass case - no glasses, just several sets of lenses. Come to the Front Desk to claim. There are other small items at the Front Desk. Clothing is near the nurse's office.

 ATHLETICS
-Freshman Football vs. Rio Americano - 6:00 pm
-Boys Soccer @ Monterey Trail - 3:30V-5:00JV			dismissal:  1:30V/3:00JV
-Girls Tennis @ Monterey Trail - 3:45				dismissal:  2:10

COLLEGE VISITS  - Prior to attending the college visit, students must go to their class and check in with their teachers. Only students who have pre-registered in Naviance will be able to attend the college visit. Only 11th/12th graders may attend a college visit.

Upcoming College Visits
Barbizon Performing Arts Academy (DSHS quad)        	 10/20
Portland State University (Portland, OR)                          	10/21
Whitman College (Walla Walla, WA)                              	10/21

TODAY
-Today lunch will be served at the end of the school day.  Taco Bar; Mac & Cheese/Veggies; Ravioli; Spaghetti/Meat Sauce

-PE make-ups have begun at the start of lunch.   Students must dress out immediately when lunch starts and meet on the track to run the mile.  If it is raining, students meet in the north gym.

NEW
-The DHS Jazz Band will perform at the 5th Annual Davis Jazz Festival on Saturday, October 22, from 4:15 - 5:00 pm at the Main Stage, Davis Commons. The Jazz Festival runs all afternoon and is FREE! Enter a Band Boosters drawing to win a Visio tablet computer or a weekend getaway at a Tahoe cabin.

¡Hola Amigos! The Latinos Unidos Club meetings are every Tuesday at lunch in Room A-5. We are having our club's Logo Design Contest. Art designs are due November 1.  Everyone is welcome to participate.

-Attention Juniors and Seniors: The CAHSEE test is coming in November. Notices have gone home to students who still require a passing score on either English Language or Math portions of the test. If you have received a notice and you have already passed one or both portions, please bring proof to the Testing Coordinator ASAP.

If you're interested in learning more about or playing Lacrosse, (one of the fastest growing team sports in the country) it's important that you sign-up online!  By registering, you'll be included in all future correspondence. Parents, there are no fees to register and just three easy steps to get started.  Go to: http://www.davislacrosse.org/ and follow the links, or call Lydia at 530-574-8013.

CONTINUED
-The DHS Dance Team is holding auditions for the winter season.  Tryouts are November 7th - 10th. There is a mandatory informational meeting Friday, October 21 at lunch in the Dance Room for anyone interested in auditioning. For more information check Facebook or ask any of the current Dance Team members. We hope to see you at tryouts!

-Blue Devils Club meets Friday, October 21 at lunch in N-10. See you there!

-The Language Tutors Club is still looking for tutors in Chinese, Japanese and German. Applications are still being accepted this week.

-Hey Blue Devils! We are looking for a new Diablo to mascot at our events! If you are interested, come to the informational meeting Wednesday, October 26 at lunch in Room C-4. Hope to see you there!