[DHS Bulletin] Tuesday October 25

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 24 13:20:52 PDT 2011

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
-1881:  Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, was born in Malaga, Spain.

 ATHLETICS
-Boys Soccer vs. Elk Grove – 3:30V-5:00JV			dismissal  2:30V

COLLEGE VISITS  - Prior to attending the college visit, students must go to their class and check in with their teachers. Only students who have pre-registered in Naviance will be able to attend the college visit. Only 11th/12th graders may attend a college visit.

Upcoming College Visits
University of Montana (Missoula, MT)                             	 Tues. 10/25
Bowdoin College  (Brunswick, Maine)                           	 Wed.  10/26
Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA)                               	  Thurs. 10/27
Syracuse University (Sherman Oaks, CA)                       	Thurs. 10/27
Iowa State University                                                         	  Fri. 10/28

TODAY
-Beef Teriyaki/Broccoli/Rice; Stuffed Pasta Shells; Chicken Adobo/Rice

-Hey Blue Devils and Ghouls, Halloween is coming up fast! You can order your Halloween grams for $2 each, today and tomorrow, in the quad at lunch. Halloween grams consist of a sweet treat and a spooky message.  All Grams will be delivered 3rd period Halloween day. Please know the name, spelling and 3rd period Room Number of the person you are sending your gram to, at the time of purchase. Proceeds will go to support the DHS Orchestra program. Be sure to get one for all your friends and Halloween Sweethearts!

-Hey dancers, come to our dance club meeting today in the dance room at lunch.

¡Hola Amigos! The Latinos Unidos Club meetings are every Tuesday at lunch in Room A-5. We are having our club’s Logo Design Contest. Art designs are due November 1.  Everyone is welcome to participate.

Join us for the 2nd DHS Car Club meeting today in O-3 (the auto shop) during lunch. We will discuss our goals and design our logo. Everyone is welcome!

NEW
-Attention Juniors and Seniors: The CAHSEE test is coming in November. Notices have gone home to students who still require a passing score on either English Language or Math portions of the test. If you have received a notice and you have already passed one or both portions, please bring proof to the Testing Coordinator ASAP.

-Attention all clubs! If you would like to have your club or group photo featured in the Yearbook, you must fill out a form. Go to dhsyearbook.wordpress.com to download the form. For more information , come to A-7 during 5th period or C-3 to see Mrs. Thomsen.

-Come show off your skills or learn new ones! Join the Freestyle Club every Wednesday during lunch in the Dance Room!

-Hey all Mu Alpha Thet-ers! Come to the general meeting Thursday, October 27 at lunch in N-5. We need to discuss Willet Match Club. If you have not paid your membership fees, please get them in ASAP! Hope to see you there! 

-Hello Kangaroos and baby Koalas! If you want to go to the next Friendship Day, come to the Quad during lunch Friday, October 28 to sign up!

-Calling all bands! The City of Davis is now accepting applications for our annual Battle of the Bands! Winning band will receive a $100 CASH PRIZE! Applications are on www.teenscene.org.  For more information, contact Joe Rogers at jrogers at cityofdavis.org.

-There will be a mandatory Clubs meeting on Tuesday, November 1 in C-4 at lunch. Please send one representative from each club to this meeting. It can be your club president, an officer, or a member of your club.

CONTINUED

-the DHS Snowboard Team sign-up meeting is Wednesday October 26 at 7:00 pm in the DHS Library. Auburn Ski Club coaching staff members and local DHS coaches will be there to answer questions and have parents sign forms for students interested in joining the team. All interested athletes need to attend with a parent or guardian to hear about team training and race events. If unable to attend, call Marcia Heller (753-8930).

-Wrestling Parents and Athletes have a meeting Thursday, October 27, at 6:00 pm. in Room N-8.  This is a mandatory preseason meeting. Meet the coach, ask questions, and get ready for a slammin’ season.

Interested in living for 4 weeks in Germany?  Interested in seeing Berlin, Strasbourg and Paris? Please come to N-15 on Thursday, October 27 at 7:30 p.m. Frau Floyd is organizing the 30th exchange with our host school in Germany.  Knowledge of German is not required, because English is spoken by most everyone. Bring your parents to the meeting.

-Auditions to sing the National Anthem for basketball games will be held during lunch on October 28. Come sing!

-If you’re interested in learning more about or playing Lacrosse, (one of the fastest growing team sports in the country) it’s important that you sign-up online!  By registering, you’ll be included in all future correspondence. Parents, there are no fees to register and just three easy steps to get started.  Go to: http://www.davislacrosse.org/ and follow the links, or call Lydia at 530-574-8013.

-Hey Blue Devils! We are looking for a new Diablo to mascot at our events! If you are interested, come to the informational meeting Wednesday, October 26 at lunch in Room C-4. Hope to see you there!