[DHS Bulletin] Monday October 24

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Oct 21 13:22:45 PDT 2011

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Monday, October 24, 2011

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
-1945, the United Nations Charter, which was adopted and signed on June 26, 1945, is now effective and ready to be enforced.

Lost and Found Items of the Day
Check the Front Desk for a key ring with lots of Toyota keys that have been here for a few weeks at least; a cell phone was turned in on Friday. There are other small items at the Front Desk.  Clothes are in a cart by the Nurse's Office.

 ATHLETICS
-Field Hockey v. Pleasant Valley - 3:30/JV - 5:15 V			dismissal 2:15JV
-Girls Volleyball v. Laguna Creek - 5:00JV - 6:00V

COLLEGE VISITS  - Prior to attending the college visit, students must go to their class and check in with their teachers. Only students who have pre-registered in Naviance will be able to attend the college visit. Only 11th/12th graders may attend a college visit.

Upcoming College Visits
William Jessup University (Rocklin, CA)			10/24
Bowdoin College (Brunswick, Maine)			10/26

TODAY
-Teriyaki Chicken/Farm Fresh Veggies/Organic Rice; Freshly Baked Chicken/Corn on the Cob

-Hey Blue Devils and Ghouls, Halloween is coming up fast! You can order your Halloween grams for $2 each, today, tomorrow, and Wednesday, in the quad at lunch. Halloween grams consist of a sweet treat and a spooky message.  All Grams will be delivered 3rd period Halloween day. Please know the name, spelling and 3rd period Room Number of the person you are sending your gram to, at the time of purchase. Proceeds will go to support the DHS Orchestra program. Be sure to get one for all your friends and Halloween Sweethearts!

-Come to Davis UNICEF Club today at lunch in L-23. We will discuss our Halloween party and trick-or-treat campaign. Together we can change the world!!!

Did you know that thousands of children every year are forced to become child soldiers? Come to the Invisible children Club today in L-29. There will be candy and food.

-The first Artistic Outreach Club meeting is today at lunch in O-5. If you like art, working with kids, and helping out the community, come and see what the club is about.

-Have you had your Dos today? If not, please do so and help support the Davis High Speech and Debate Team, who will be hosting a fundraiser today at the North Davis Dos Coyotes, from 5 - 9 pm. If you would like to help the cause, please pick up a flyer in P-23, Ms. Widman's room. The flyer must be presented at the time of purchase.

NEW
-Attention Juniors and Seniors: The CAHSEE test is coming in November. Notices have gone home to students who still require a passing score on either English Language or Math portions of the test. If you have received a notice and you have already passed one or both portions, please bring proof to the Testing Coordinator ASAP.

Hey dancers, come to our dance club meeting Tuesday, October 25 in the dance room at lunch.

Interested in living for 4 weeks in Germany?  Interested in seeing Berlin, Strasbourg and Paris? Please come to N-15 on Thursday, October 27 at 7:30 p.m. Frau Floyd is organizing the 30th exchange with our host school in Germany.  Knowledge of German is not required, because English is spoken by most everyone. Bring your parents to the meeting.

-Wrestling Parents and Athletes have a meeting Thursday, October 27, at 6:00 pm. in Room N-8.  This is a mandatory preseason meeting. Meet the coach, ask questions, and get ready for a slammin' season.

CONTINUED
-the DHS Snowboard Team sign-up meeting is Wednesday October 26 at 7:00 pm in the DHS Library. Auburn Ski Club coaching staff members and local DHS coaches will be there to answer questions and have parents sign forms for students interested in joining the team. All interested athletes need to attend with a parent or guardian to hear about team training and race events. If unable to attend, call Marcia Heller (753-8930).

Auditions to sing the National Anthem for basketball games will be held during lunch on October 28. Come sing!

If you're interested in learning more about or playing Lacrosse, (one of the fastest growing team sports in the country) it's important that you sign-up online!  By registering, you'll be included in all future correspondence. Parents, there are no fees to register and just three easy steps to get started.  Go to: http://www.davislacrosse.org/ and follow the links, or call Lydia at 530-574-8013.

-VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:  All Things Right and Relevant is looking for volunteers to work in their East 8th Street store.  Volunteers are needed to help customers, work the cash register, tag items in the store, and assist with other activities as needed.  Come to the Career Center for more information and an application.

¡Hola Amigos! The Latinos Unidos Club meetings are every Tuesday at lunch in Room A-5. We are having our club's Logo Design Contest. Art designs are due November 1.  Everyone is welcome to participate.

-Hey Blue Devils! We are looking for a new Diablo to mascot at our events! If you are interested, come to the informational meeting Wednesday, October 26 at lunch in Room C-4. Hope to see you there!