[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin Friday, August 24

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Aug 23 14:05:49 PDT 2012

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
August 24, 2012

Welcome back to school, students!

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
-1932 - Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the U.S.<http://www.on-this-day.com/us> non-stop. The trip from Los Angeles, CA<http://www.on-this-day.com/us/ca> to Newark, NJ<http://www.on-this-day.com/us/nj>, took about 19 hours.

ATHLETICS
-August 24          JV/Varsity Football vs. Yuba City                                                                                Time: 5:00/7:15
-August 24-25    Boys Varsity Soccer Bay City Classic                                                                          Time: TBA
-August 25          JV Boys Water Polo @ Rio Americano                                                                      Time: 10:00 am
-August 24-25    Varsity Girls Tennis @ Sacramento                                                                           Time: TBA
-August 25          Varsity Girls Golf State Fair Championship @ Haggin Oaks GC                       All Day

TODAY
-For Lunch today we have Pork Carnita on whole wheat bun, fresh  burritos on whole wheat tortillas and Fish Tacos with special sauce and fresh pico de gallo!

NEW
-Come to the first Football game of the season and support our Blue Devils!  Here tonight in Brown Stadium!  JV at 5:00 and Varsity at 7:15!  See you there!

Davis High School has noted a number of safety issues that occur in the stadium during games and events. In efforts to keep our students safe, we ask our community to please adhere to the following guidelines:

Guidelines for Games in DHS Stadium
*All students 7-12 must have a picture ID to enter all games. *
*All children K-6 must be accompanied by an adult the whole time they are on campus and in the stadium.
*Any child/young adult who displays defiant or dangerous behavior will be asked to leave the stadium. We will attempt to call home on those children we are asking to leave who are not high school age.
*Bleacher seats will be available (total 1430). These people who get bleacher seats will have their hand stamped at the entrance to the bleachers. No one will be allowed up in the bleachers without this stamp. (We will set aside bleacher seats for any elderly and handicapped people.)
*No one but cheerleaders and the dance team can be on the track at any time.
*Only two ball boys who will wear vests to distinguish who they are can be on the field.
*No one may sit, jump or use in any fashion the vault/high jump pads
*No one may throw a football on the sidelines except for actual players who need to warm up.
*Friends, former graduates etc. may not be on the field. Junior Blue Devils may be on the sidelines as directed by their coach for the initial play. Then they must leave the field area.
*We will check backpacks and large bags.

* DHS has a ID card process that we use for behavioral infractions. Students who have a minor infraction will get their ID card confiscated. If there is a second infraction they are asked to leave the event.

IMPORTANT DATES
-Back to School Night!  September 27, 2012   6:00    Davis Senior High School