[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Tuesday August 28

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Aug 27 14:04:21 PDT 2012

Davis Senior High School

Daily Bulletin

August 28, 2012

THIS DAY IN HISTORY

1963 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., gave his "I Have a Dream" speech at a civil rights rally in Washington, DC<http://www.on-this-day.com/us/dc>. More than 200,000 people attended.

ATHLETICS

-Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Del Oro                                 3:45                        Dismissal: 3:00

TODAY

-For Lunch today (and every other Tuesday) we have Hot Wings over fried rice, Chicken Patty on a bun, or a Fish Filet on a bun served with Fries.

-Are you interested in the French language and culture?  Join the French Club for our first meeting today at lunch in Room N-2.  There will be food!

NEW

-Interested in solar energy?  Want to learn more about our new DHS Solar City solar panels and how this is impacting our 'footprint' on the planet?  Go to http://solarguard.solarcity.com/Kiosk/SolarGuard.aspx?JID=1eb38649-a4f4-4cc1-bd03-736c813f6183 for some fascinating information and to see how DHS is doing!

-Want to be a part of anything drama-related this year?  Come to the Drama Party in P-11 on Thursday, August 30!  There will be free food!

-Davis Senior High School's Career Center is open!  The Career Center provides student support and resources for college planning, scholarships, financial aid, jobs, volunteer opportunities, summer activities, test preparation, study abroad programs, and more!  Students and parents are welcome to visit the Career Center located in N-17 behind the theater Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
-The City of Davis is offering their annual fall tour of four northern California universities!   The first tour is San Francisco State University on September 15.  Additional tours are scheduled for Stanford, Chico State and Berkeley.  Trips are $65 and include transportation, college tour, and lunch.  Come to the Career Center in N-17 for more information.

CONTINUED

-Hey Blue Devils!  This Wednesday, 8/29 at 3:30 in P-23, there will be a brief informational meeting for 2012-2013 Debate Team!  Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come learn about debate.  See you there!

IMPORTANT DATES

-Back to School Night!  September 27, 2012   6:00    Davis Senior High School