[env-trinity] Flow Release Schedule from Lewiston Dam for Lower Klamath River Flow Augmentation

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Fri Aug 24 22:58:44 PDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Person, Brian L" <BPerson at usbr.gov>
Date: August 24, 2012 5:24:26 PM PDT
To: "rafting at whitewatertours.com" <rafting at whitewatertours.com>
Cc: "tstokely at att.net" <tstokely at att.net>, "Schrock, Robin M" <rschrock at usbr.gov>, "Washburn, Thuy T" <TWashburn at usbr.gov>, "Harral, Sheryl M (Sheri)" <SHarral at usbr.gov>, "Reck, Donald R" <DReck at usbr.gov>
Subject: Releases from Lewiston Dam for Lower Klamath River Flow Augmentation

Lorraine,

Your question about the increased flows was forwarded to me, and since I have no indication you received an earlier reply, I’ll respond.

The augmentation flows will continue until approximately September 21, after which the release rate from Lewiston Dam will ramp down to 450 cfs.  There is river travel time to be taken into account (Lewiston Dam to the Lower Klamath) and by that time there is the possibility of rainfall events in the Klamath River Basin that could influence the Lewiston Dam release rates and dates.

I hope this is helpful—please let us know if you need more information.

Brian Person
Area Manager
Northern California Area Office
Bureau of Reclamation