[env-trinity] Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian Week 39

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Mon Oct 2 18:07:17 PDT 2017

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 39, 09/30/2017.

Big push of Chinook through the Willow Creek weir this past week, and they were not all jacks (though there were still quite a few of those). And, in fact, we saw the first Coho of the season, and a couple of pinks as well. I looked back at the data noticed most of the odd-duck fish (pinks, sockeye, or chum) that we see at Willow Creek are during odd-numbered years. We also saw some washed back shad at the beginning of the season at WCW.
Numbers picked up at the hatchery and Junction City is going to be trapping for one last week, removed this Friday for the season.

On a side note: I've apparently got some sort of dysfunction occurring between two contact and/or distribution lists which means I haven't been sending the summary to everyone expecting it. If you know someone who has given up trying to get this directly from me please have them shoot me an email and I'll try again to get their names on the list.
Thanks
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Enviornmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @