[env-trinity] Fwd: Fire salvage and stewardship projects speed ecological restoration

Denise Boggs denise at conservationcongress-ca.org
Tue Aug 7 16:16:42 PDT 2018

Read it and weep. Talk about lies and misrepresentations. The Cove Fire Salvage Project is the very worst example of NEPA violations I have ever seen in 33 years. The FS, along with Pit River RCD, cut the public entirely out of the process. There was sneaking around, lying, withholding information; failure to notify the public; violations of FS regs and federal Env. Laws; and general malfeasance at work. And this project is their ideal of future projects to follow. They are going to have a long line of litigation.....

The FS considers ecological restoration equal to salvage logging. No biologist, forester, soil scientist or hydrologist worth their salt would agree. Salvage logging is the very worst activity that can be done to a forest after a fire for habitat, fisheries, soil quality, water quality and overall forest ‘health’. Be prepared for similar actions on the STNF.

Denise Boggs
Www.conservationcongress-ca.org

"Some of them were angry at the way the Earth was abused; By the men who learned how to forge her beauty into power; And they struggled to protect her from them, only to be confused; By the magnitude of the fury in the final hour."
'Before the Deluge' Jackson Browne

Begin forwarded message: