[env-trinity] CDFW Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 40

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Tue Oct 9 11:21:43 PDT 2018

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 40 (October 7).

Junction City wrapped up their season this past week, pulling out of the river after trapping on Tuesday. The counts on the JC tab are final (draft).
Trinity River Hatchery finished up their spring Chinook spawning period during JW 40 as well. They will be on a spawning break during JW 41 and 42, and will open the ladder back up in JW 43 (Oct 22) when spawning will recommence.

We had some success at Willow Creek weir this past week, but it wasn't quite what we were hoping for. The steelhead showed up and we got a few Coho as well, but the Chinook numbers dropped from the prior week at least partially due to bear damage to the weir line. We are constantly tweaking this new set-up. I'm hoping we can keep it dialed in and get more of the fish we know are in the river into our traps.
Cheers!
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @