[env-trinity] Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 42

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Mon Oct 22 11:22:32 PDT 2018

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JWeek 42.
The only action this past week was, once again, at the Willow Creek weir. Trinity River Hatchery was in its second week of spawning break. They will resume spawning this week.

Here's a little update on the current Klamath basin fishing regs:
Klamath River is closed to adult harvest, jacks only (22" or smaller, 2 fish bag limit).
Area within 100 yds of mouth is completely closed.
I-5 fishery to reopen sometime soon.

Trinity sectors still open to adult harvest (2 fish bag limit; max 1 adult). Upper Trinity slated to close as of Oct. 29.
Lower Trinity closure date TBD.

We know (from some video we've reviewed) there ARE fish in the Trinity above Willow Creek.
Below is a screen shot from October 5th when a couple thousand fish went through the weir/tunnel/camera box/trap and on upstream in a single 24 hour period.
This picture is from ~2:30 in the afternoon. That's a piece of canvas floating on top of the water to act as a jump screen.
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D469F9.7F9CC260]
Cheers!
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @