[env-trinity] 2019 CDFW Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 43

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Thu Oct 31 14:55:26 PDT 2019

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW43.
First week of Fall Chinook spawning at Trinity River Hatchery,  pretty dismal numbers. And how we went from seeing so many fish at WCW one week to less than a quarter of that the next week is a mystery to me. Too much sun, too little rain? I don't know, folks, but I'm getting some fish pictures from anglers so there have to be some fish in that river.
Supposedly another week or two of sun in the forecast. Let's hope the lights stay on while we wait for rain.
Cheers!
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @