[1st-mile-nm] CityLink Net Neutrality Disclosure

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sun Dec 17 12:43:30 PST 2017

Here is a copy of the policy statement being sent to all of our customers.

-----

CityLink Telecommunications NM, LLC
Net Neutrality Disclosure.
Sunday, December 17, 2017

With the recent FCC vote to remove present Net Neutrality rules there
is much discussion and concern amongst users about what the future
holds.  Net Neutrality is a complex topic that has lots of “moving
parts”.  Like many complex topics there are no simple quick answers,
no one shoe fits all.  In some cases regulation by a government has
been good for society, in other cases it has not.  And, as a society
moves forward, older regulations may not be as beneficial as they once
were.  There is much work to be done in getting fast, reliable and
competitively priced broadband available to all Americans.

CityLink believes that it is important for our customers and the
communities we serve to provide access to an Open Internet.  We
therefore would like to take a moment and address how we have and will
continue to operate and provide service to our customers.

In general we believe that users should be free to access lawful
content and applications equally, regardless of the source and without
us discriminating against specific services or websites. Basically we
connect you to the Internet and we don’t control what you do on the
Internet.  Our terms of service require that you use our services in a
lawful manner, including respecting copyright laws. Lawful access is
based on the local, regional and national laws in place where we
deliver the service to you.

1.     Throttling.  CityLink will never rate limit or throttle access
to lawful content on the Internet, subject to the service level you
are subscribing to and our aggregate capacities.

2.     Blocking.  CityLink will never block your access to lawful
content on the Internet.

3.     Prioritized Access. CityLink does not prioritize access based
on content or applications, with the exception that we do honor packet
prioritization, as set by the end user for VoIP.  Access to lawful
content is on an equal basis.

Our job at CityLink is to connect you the very best way we can to the
global Internet.

CityLink reserves the right to block or throttle access based on
activities that we determine is harmful to our customers, or our
network or the general Internet.

While we are unable to predict the future, we generally believe these
positions will not change in the future, but the lawyers require us to
say: “These positions and policies are subject to change in the future
and all customers will be notified should such changes occur.”

If you have any questions or comments on the above, please send them to
nn-policy at citylinkfiber.com

Respectfully,
John Brown, CISSP
Managing Member