[1st-mile-nm] NLR recollection

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Thu Feb 8 16:56:53 PST 2018

> It makes much more sense for our State to create some simple policies
> that enable competitive providers to actually compete.

How about a single, simple rule to help drive competition:
  If you use the public right of way, you prohibited from being an ISP.

You can provide transport from consumer sites to an ISP, but you can't
play as one.  Your job is to interconnect consumers and ISPs.

The model worked well in the dial-up and DSL days.  It's working with
"modern" access models in other geographic areas.

Anyone else have some simple ideas that would help?