[Davis Democrats] Democrats met on Alito, now.

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jan 19 14:18:28 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: PFAW's American Way <alerts at pfaw.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:18:43 -0800
To: john chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Democrats met on Alito, now.

 Forward this e-mail
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504818670273522969765>  | Subscribe to
PFAW Action Alerts
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504828670273522969765>
PEOPLE FOR THE AMERICAN WAY January 19, 2006
 <http://www.savethecourt.org/>
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504838670273522969765>
<http://www.pfaw.org/>

Key senators are coming out in opposition following our deluge of calls.
We must keep the pressure on senators to do everything possible to defeat
Alito's confirmation.   Call toll-free! 1 877-851-6437   Š or fax them!
SaveTheCourt.org/AlitoFax
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504848670273522969765>     Let us know
how your calls go by visiting
 SaveTheCourt.org/CallReport
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504858670273522969765>

 <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713337338670273522969765>
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504538670273522969765>

Your support has helped keep this ad on TV through next Monday, but we need
to extend our ad buy through next week.  Even a contribution of $50 can help
make that happen.  Click here to make a secure online contribution.

 <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504868670273522969765>
SaveTheCourt.org/Support
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504548670273522969765>

Dear john,

Following yesterday's meeting of Senate Democrats, a consensus to fight
Alito's nomination is emerging, but a final strategy has not yet been
decided.

We can't tell you what will happen today or tomorrow, but we can tell you
that your activism has had a real impact in this critical time and will
continue to. Thanks in part to the thousands of calls you poured into Senate
offices yesterday, senators are becoming more vocal in their opposition to
Alito. Just today, senators off the Judiciary Committee -- including Max
Baucus, Tom Harkin, Barbara Mikulski, and Ken Salazar -- have announced
their opposition to Alito.

Today three members of the Committee -- the Committee's Democratic leader,
Senator Leahy, and Senators Kennedy and Durbin -- are announcing their
positions in speeches around the country. Normally such statements would be
made on the Senate floor, but in a move that has wrankled many Democrats,
the Senate's Republican leader, Bill Frist, has already moved to limit
debate by denying them time to speak in the Senate chamber.

If you haven't called your senators yet to let them know you're counting on
them to stop Alito, please do so right now. If neither of your senators is a
Democrat, call Democratic leader Harry Reid or the Judiciary Committee's top
Democrat, Patrick Leahy.

Call toll-free! 1-877-851-6437

If you've already called your Democratic senators and their leaders,
Senators Reid and Leahy, send them a fax!

http://www.SaveTheCourt.org/AlitoFax
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504878670273522969765>

The overwhelming number of calls made yesterday shut down the Capitol
switchboard! (We'd love it if you do that again!) If you can't get through
on 1-877-851-6437 today, visit capwiz.com/pfaw/home
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504888670273522969765>  to find direct
numbers for Senate offices. Let us know how your calls go by visiting
SaveTheCourt.org/CallReport
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504898670273522969765> .

Then forward this email
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504688670273522969765>  to anyone you
know who is worried that Alito would likely condone the abuse of power by
the president, vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, and help curtail Congress'
ability to protect the civil rights, health, safety, and welfare of the
American people.
--Your Allies at People For the American Way

 <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713255788670273522969765>

This message was sent to: jac07 at dcn.org

To ensure that People For e-mails are not diverted to your spam or bulk
folders,
please add alerts at pfaw.org to your address book and/or "safe list."

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail. Replies will not be read.
To contact us online, please use the web form at:
http://www.pfaw.org/go/contact_us/
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713504908670273522969765>

PFAW © 2006

To remove yourself from this mailing, please click here
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M713507508670273522969765> .