[Dhsbb-jazz] Car wash #2!!

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:05:56 PDT 2009

Hello All Band Parents...

Next Sunday, Oct 4th, IT'S CARWASH TIME AGAIN!!  This time it will be at Save-Mart on Covell and Anderson from 11-3pm.  It will be on the Anderson side of the Market so look for us.  SAVE your dirty cars till then and support your kids in this BAND fundraiser.  Again, the students are responsible to sign up for themselves. Please do not send me an email and ask me to sign students up as  many people are. ( I only sign up parent volunteers of which I do need badly).  There will be 25 slots for each shift and they are only to sign up for one shift.  If they come late and have the 2nd shift, their shift could possibly have been given to someone else that was ready to work.. They need to be on time.

 I do believe this time the slots will go fast!  Tell your student that it will be posted in 7th period tomorrow, Monday. to give Concert Band students a fair chance to sign up first this time.  It will alternate each carwash and the time after, 6th period will get posted first next .  My suggestion is to have them go right after school to sign up or first thing Tues. if they are in Symphonic.

If parents want to let me know what shift they will volunteer after their child has signed up, then please tell your kids to get on top of it.  Hours the student puts in helps to pay for their Spring Band trip.  It's a FUN time and a win-win situation.  Please parents donate a snack or water.  At CVS, Monday and Tues., cases of water are $2.99 for Crystal Geyser.  Jump on it and donate to the carwashes to keep them hydrated or for the following weekend lots of cases of water will be needed donated for the Natasoulas Jazz Festival.  You parents, are the heart of this organization and this gives you the opportunity to be around and to help your students.  You will probably get another reminder later in the week but the list is posted for students tomorrow.

Thank you so much for helping out,

Smiles,

Theresa Lucas, carwash coordinator

757-1735