[Dhsbb-jazz] San Diego Trip departue information and itinerary

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Mon May 11 20:50:41 PDT 2015

Here is a schedule of our upcoming trip so you can follow along at  home!

Remember check-in is before school on Friday.  Please bring your
instrument and luggage to the IPAB lobby at DHS.

Remember to bring to check-in:
Meds in their original containers and labeled in a ziplock bag
Items from the packing list that was sent out last week (and is in your
trip packet of paper forms too)
Signed alcohol form that Mr. Slabaugh sent home today. (Will not be
allowed on the bus without this form).

Note:  These items will be checked off as part of the check-in  process.
Students will need to acquire the necessary items before  departure if
something is forgotten.

After luggage drop-off students will attend their morning classes at DHS or
 Da Vinci.  Then all should come to DHS at lunchtime, and eat your lunch as
 we complete loading the busses and other last minute preparations.  We
will  depart at or before the end of lunch. No off campus lunch on Friday!

We will also accept any outstanding pledge donations you would like to
make.  We are still about $10,000 short on pledged amounts and would love  to
close that gap.

Other info:

Hotel:  Embassy Suites,  La Jolla
Busses:  Silverado Stages

How to find us:

Katie Horn:  530-798-0757
Otto Raabe:  707-392-9867
John Horn:  916-804-5017
Tom Slabaugh:  916-806-2790

                San Diego 2015  Spring Band Trip                Friday 5/15
 Saturday   5/16  Sunday 5/17  Monday 5/18  Tuesday 5/19   8:00  AM 7:15 -
9:30 am            9:00  AM Luggage Drop-off     arrive 8:45 a.m.    Depart
for Davis   10:00  AM and check-in  10:30 am - 1:00 pm  9:00 a.m. tour  USS
Midway     11:00  AM   Air and Space Museum  San Diego ZOO  12 - 1
performance  Hollywood Stop   12:00  PM Eat lunch at  DHS  Balboa Park  11-2 free
time  Tour Midway  Lunch   1:00  PM Depart DHS      1 - 3:00 pm     2:00  PM
Drive to San Diego  Lunch in Park  3:00 p.m. Set up Seaport Village  Seaport
Village shop/snack  Resume Drive to DHS   3:00  PM   1:30 - 2:30 Jazz Band
Performance  3:15 - 4:15 Wind Ensemble   4:00 p.m. Set up Seaport Village
4:00  PM   Spreckles Organ Pavillion  Performance  4:30 - 5:30 Jazz Band
Performance     5:00  PM   3:15 leave for Petco Stadium  5:30 Beach  BBQ
6:00  PM Stop for dinner  4:15-4:45 pm Padres Performance  at Bonita Cove
Farewell Party  Stop for dinner   7:00  PM   5:40 pm Padres Game    at the
hotel     8:00  PM   Dinner at game      Arrive DHS   9:00  PM   Hotel  Hotel
      10:00  PM   swim, study, hang out  swim, study, hang out       11:00
PM In Room for night  In Room for night  In Room for night  In Room for
night                 Breakfast N/A  Provided  Provided  Provided  Provided
Lunch BYO bag lunch  Provided  Buy at zoo  Buy snack at Seaport  Buy at
Hollywood stop   Dinner Buy en route  Provided  Provided  Provided  Buy en route
             Performances   Jazz  Wind Ensemble  Wind Ensemble        Pep
Band    Jazz