[env-trinity] Trinity River trapping summary through Julian week 34 (August 26th)

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Mon Aug 29 12:45:48 PDT 2016

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 34.

We fished Wednesday night at Willow Creek before the temperature came back up...but now that the extra releases from Lewiston have hit we should be good to go the rest of the season temperature-wise (we are fishing in these flows, we just don't have a lot of freeboard in the trap boxes). The Chinook that we saw Thursday morning (and again today) looked like they were likely Springers.

Junction City was also able to remain in the river with these higher flows, for now, anyway.
Cheers!
MC

*************************************
Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876   I   maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov<mailto:maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov>
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/documents/ContextDocs.aspx?cat=KlamathTrinity

[SaveOurWater_Logo]<http://saveourwater.com/>
Every Californian should conserve water.  Find out how at:
SaveOurWater.com<http://saveourwater.com/> * Drought.CA.gov<http://drought.ca.gov/>