[env-trinity] Fw: Ecology Center Job Opportunity!

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Mon Aug 20 11:16:01 PDT 2018

On Monday, August 20, 2018 10:07 AM, Richard Lucas <richard at shastavisions.com> wrote:

 Mount Shasta Bioregional Ecology CenterAdministrative Assistant
Position Announcement
Since 1988, we have played a pivotal role to preserve,protect and restore the Mount Shasta bioregion, including not only naturalinterconnected systems, but also cultural layers that constitute the humanrelationship to the land.Our work involves science and fact-based public policyadvocacy, community education, legal challenges (when needed), restoration andrenewal. It includes watershed, forest, wildlife and landscape monitoring and stewardship.We build partnerships and alliances, and engage the local community to promotesustainable environmental, economic and cultural resiliency.We seek a professional Administrative Assistant with apassion for our mission, to work as an employee approximately 3 days per week,3 hours per day (36 hours/month; possibly additional hours during peak periods),mostly during the week with occasional evenings and weekends. This pays$15/hour DOE, with an annual performance review and potential pay adjustment.Duties

The Administrative Assistant manages office operations forour organization and performs varied tasks to support our board, staff andvolunteers under the supervision of designated board liaisons. Excellent responsivenessand service to donors, funders, supporters, community members and others ismost important. Duties include:  ·       Phonecalls/emails - responding quickly to inquiries, and routing them to theappropriate person for action·     Facilities- keeping the office organized and in good order·     Mail- receiving and routing mail to the appropriate person for action·     Project andgrant coordination – tracking tasks and deliverables to ensureaccountability·     Fiscalsponsorship – serving as the champion for our sponsored programs·     Managementsupport – meeting preparation, posting minutes/agendas, etc.·     Volunteercoordination – serving as the champion for the volunteer program, workingclosely with other staff to recruit and manage volunteers·     Donor andsupporter database - assisting in implementation of our new Salesforcedatabase; ensuring data integrity, including timely, accurate and efficientupdates and synchronization with Patreon, Quickbooks Online, Mailchimp, andother systems as needed; working with the Development and CommunicationsDirector, ensure required delivery of donor and supporter benefits andrecognition
Qualifications
The ideal candidate is aligned with our environmentalmission, reliable, well organized and flexible, with experience in officeoperations. Experience with office systems and software is required, including workingknowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Apple Mail, and GoogleDocs. Additional expertise with systems such as Salesforce,Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Facebook and other social media, Adobe Photoshop,Wordpress, etc. is desirable. Professionalism, great teamwork, integrity and communicationsskills are also important.Employment is mutually at-will, though we prefer candidatesable to make at least a one year commitment.Interested persons may apply by sending a resume and coverletter/email to computer at mountshastaecology.org.We will begin reviewing applications starting on August 22, 2018. For furtherinformation about our nonprofit organization, please see our website at www.mountshastaecology.org.