Community-owned, ultra-fast internet for Davis. What you can do.
High-speed internet access is crucial infrastructure for a community like ours. Davis is way behind comparable communities. We can't depend on Comcast or AT&T to fix this for us. We need to do it ourselves. Here are a few useful links to get informed and involved in the community-driven efforts.
DavisGIG (a community driven effort to help bring community-owned, ultra-fast internet to Davis)
- Website: http://www.davisgig.org/
- DavisWiki: https://daviswiki.org/Davis_Gig
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/davisca.gig/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Davis_Gig
There are THREE (3) ways you can help move this project forward:
- Make a tax-deductible donation to help pay for the study we need. Consider donating on the Big Day of Giving on Tuesday, May 3.
- Send a letter about your broadband experiences, and what you would like for Davis’ broadband future to the staff liaison of the Broadband Advisory Task Force, please forward a copy to email@example.com
- Forward this message to your friends, neighborhood lists, and community groups.
With your help we can address many problems our City faces with this one solution. We can
- diversify the economy,
- attract and retain businesses,
- provide better, cheaper internet connections to our residences,
- address digital-divide issues,
- create new revenues for our City.