[Dhsbb-jazz] Uniform Update & Delta College Jazz Festival Information

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Fri Nov 13 16:49:05 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have received the information from Delta College today regarding the jazz festival. A change from previous years is that we have three combos and a jazz band performing on this day. As such, it will be a long day and we will need a lot of assistance from parent chaperones and drivers.

I am attaching the information sheet for your perusal. I will be submitting the field trip packet to the front office on Monday and should have field trip permission forms ready for distribution soon.

Here is what I need now from all parents.

1. Please read the attached information sheet.
2. Please contact me ASAP if you are able to drive and take equipment to the festival.
3. I will send out DJUSD driver approval forms beginning on Monday. They will be a one-time submission process and will cover all the trips we have planned for the entire school year with the Jazz Band.
4. Please return the forms ASAP with a copy of your valid drivers license and valid proof of insurance card.

Uniform Update
The manufacturer of our blue shirts we have been wearing is no longer making this shirt. As such, every member will need to purchase a new shirt, as we have been unable to find a different manufacturer that has a style and color that matches the shirts used in the past. I also did a poll of the band members and they have agreed that we should remain with a blue shirt. Darlene Comingore has been working very hard to deal with this shirt issue and we will have a new vendor and shirt information forthcoming very soon.

On Monday of next week, the band will vote on their choice for a tie this year. I will also be sending out this information very soon. The ties cost about $25.00 each (with shipping and handling) and will be ordered by the band boosters.

Many thanks for your help! The kids are playing great, working hard, and are excited about our upcoming festivals!

Mr. S

Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.